The PSF is looking to fill a position as an Event Coordinator/Administrator. Note that this is a remote position and that it does not require software development or Python coding skills. It is open to anyone who wishes to work for the PSF and has the relevant project management skills.
- ￼Manage mailing lists
- Manage board meeting scheduling, agenda, facilitate, actual board meetings via phone and IRC
- Assist with sponsor member relations and invoicing
- Assist with foundation budget creation and up keeping
- Assist with collecting membership applications and contributor agreements
- Assist with bylaws, legal matters
- Assist with new membership (basic, supporting, contributing, managing, fellow)
- Project manage website upkeeping/redesign
- Keep track of grant requests and follow up work
- Manage/assist with short term projects when needed.
- Communicate needs and changes to vendors
- Work on event logistics with convention center and hotels (floor plans, electrical needs, wifi)
- Support all conference staff with timelines, activity development and implementation if needed
- Advise staff on logistical suggestions and procedures
- Track event-related costs in budget
- Manage registration and housing
- Work onsite once a year, and perhaps perform a site visit once every two years.
- Assist with certain vendor negotiations
- Assist with food and beverage planning and BEO reviews
- Assist with sponsorship efforts and execution, invoicing
- Assist with printed material, if any
- Assist in conference budget creation based on previous years, adjustments, and adherence
- Assist with post-event wrap up.
- Strong project management ability.￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
- 2 to 3 years of experience working for an association/open source community
- Ability to work independently while being able to be a good team member
- Ability to delegate properly and be able to prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer proficiency skills
- Awareness of the open source community
- Ability to maintain a professional manner under pressure
- Attention to detail is a must.
If interested, please contact Ewa Jodlowska at: firstname.lastname@example.org.